Skip to main content

Pulling Up Onions, Fall is Upon Us// Snoqualmie Photographer Gretchen Fawn Photo

My kids got me up at the er, ungodly? hour, or is it Godly hour?, of 6am today. Really guys, no one needs to be up at that time of day. Why can't we all snuggle in until 8? That would be perfect in my book.
 Alas, since little munchkins, Daddy and both sisters had to be up for work and school, I dragged my tired self into the kitchen to make them all a wonderful, healthy breakfast. But really, the truth is, I dragged my tired self in for a french press of coffee and I also made them eggs which the girls won't eat. Me and the boys, including Daddy, gobbled up our eggs and enjoyed the semi-silence while teradactyl baby, who only screams at the top of his lungs as a way of communicating something that we cannot figure out, shoved eggs into his precious little mouth. It was great. All 5 minutes of it!
 At 7:10 I had completed everything in my morning routine and had nothing but time and more coffee to urge me on.  Everyone headed off to their places and I had about 12 hours left. I guess I'll pack up and head to my garden and see what last nights storm did to things. Micah was down for that, so we got our tools and boots on and away we went.
 I knew going in that the baby probably wouldn't last long, but I hoped he would be happy for awhile in the stroller and I figured if I get a small section done each day it's not pouring then the P patch will be put to bed in time for winter. If you would have asked me last week if fall was here, I probably would have pulled my shorts up and laughed at you. But today, I pulled out my warmest sweats, my flannel and my warm, waterproof coat and never got too hot. Sunshine, come visit at least twice a week ok??? Wahhhhhhh.....
 Here I am sharing my son pulling up onions. He takes great delight in gardening and I hope it follows him in his life as it does for me and my sister! I told him these pictures are my art and he can learn to do art too. His Aunt Julie is an artist and it runs in our family!
 Until Next time, Your Snoqualmie Photographer,
Gretchen Fawn



Comments