Skip to main content

Spring in the Yard (Snoqualmie, WA)

The cherry tree I planted last year is LOADED with blossoms! I can't wait to see how many cherries we get. My littlest will go out and gather them in a bowl so we can all divvy them up. This tree has 4 different kinds of cherries grafted in. Rainier are our favorite kind, but we will eat any of them!

This is my lilac bush. I had to wait three years before I got a blossom! This is a pale lilac color and I also have a pale pink. They bring such a wonderful fragrance to the yard. I hope it doesn't rain when they open, then they last a lot longer.

Any guesses what this tropical like plant will produce? It's a yellow lily! These also make the yard smell amazing! I have five or six of these and they never fail to make the most majestic, tall, fragrant flowers. They smell so good, I almost forget the weeds I need to get at below them, almost!

This rhubarb was a gift from my Grandmas yard. She had been growing it ever since I could remember. I got a shovelful of the roots about 15 years ago. It's been moved and shared more times then I can count. It's one of the first signs of spring and produces amazing amounts of rhubarb. Our families favorite thing to do with it is make a sauce sweetened with honey and put over vanilla ice cream. My mouth is watering! mmmmm! 

I went outside today and saw all sorts of signs that spring is visiting us! It's one of my favorite times of year because I love to see all the things that seemed dead spring back to life. Well, except the weeds! haha! Enjoy~ Gretchen

Comments

Jenn Gaudreau said…
These are beautiful! Seeing new life definitely puts a smile on my face after such a cold, wet winter!
Ashley F said…
I wish spring would get the memo and come back! I'm a little jealous that you have pretty blooms! :)
Beautiful images of your plants. I didn't know it took 3 yes for Lilac to blossom.
Alaina Bos said…
Spring!! These images give me hope for what's to come our way ;)
Anna Gordon said…
Love the rhubarb and the story behind it. So happy spring is here!
Jamie Bodo said…
I wish I was as good with plants as you! I end up killing them most of the time..... lol!