Skip to main content

Snoqualmie, WA Photographer? That's where you'll find me! But I can go other places too!

Being a photographer in Snoqualmie, WA has it's ups and downs.  If you have not been here, let me tell you what it's like. First of all, the bad news. It rains here, a lot! You  might think you were in a rain forest most of the year. The mountain we live near is called Mt. Si. I renamed it "cloud mountain." It holds all the clouds so they dump all the rain right here in my back yard.
BUT wait! Why would I live here? Well, first of all, most of my family lives less than an hour from me. We are amidst some of the best hiking in the WORLD! Rattlesnake Ledge and Mt. Si are two hikes that are 15 minutes or less from my front door. Thirdly, Snoqualmie is a quaint old town. It has charm, kind people, the Snoqualmie Falls, lots of restaurants and more. Not to mention, when I lived in Seattle, I drove in traffic for at least 1 hour total to and from anywhere. Now if I stop at a red light for more than 30 seconds, I am seriously annoyed! Being just a little bit away from a major city lets
my mind slow down and relax. It's also really, really windy here. The air is the cleanest in the country because of this. Lastly, when it's sunny, it's the most beautiful place on Earth. 
 I am including a couple, who are both in the military and met up in Snoqualmie last year to see each other and plan some wedding details. One of those details was to get their engagement session done. We had a spectacular day here and they were so in love, it was easy to capture some amazing images. Come visit us in Snoqualmie sometime, it's just 40 min east of Seattle, WA, a great place to grab a cup of coffee and stroll in town, take a hike,  do some shopping at the nearby outlet mall, or have your portraits taken by an awesome photographer (LOL) Call me, really, 425-922-2324. Enjoy~Gretchen








Comments

Whitney Lane said…
Such pretty light. I love it when we get sunshine on the northern west coast !
Nikki Closser said…
Gorgeous images, Gretchen!! Love all of them :)
Jamie Bodo said…
I've never been to WA, but it sure does look beautiful! :)
Jete Devisser said…
I SO hear you on the constant rain - we're surrounded by mountains here too, and we get tons of it!! Thank goodness we get spoiled every once in a while - gorgeous sunny session!
Anonymous said…
Cute photos!! : )
Yasmin Sarai said…
That shot with the mountain is epic! Great images Gretchen!
Amy said…
Sounds like a beautiful place!
Rebecca Anne said…
Now I want to have my pictures taken in Snoqualmie. ;-)
LOVE that field shot with the mountain backdrop, beautiful!
Unknown said…
LOVE the mountains in the background and the sun flare! Lucky couple for such pretty photos.
These shots are very sweet. I just recently found a picture that we have of Mt. Si from our travels. We love it up there.