Skip to main content

(Photographer, Snoqualmie and Seattle) Getting my own portraits taken...egad!


This is what I usually look like when I get my picture taken. I have to admit, I spend VERY little time getting my pictures taken. So little, in fact, that it makes me nervous and I do not know how to make myself look good at all. Last week, I was able to get my portrait taken by several other photographers. I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "these are gonna look so bad. Your smile is weird and you look fat." I know, it's sad. It's bad self talk. But I think we all tell ourselves things like this in our minds, so I wanted to fess up. The truth is, your portrait photographer IS thinking of the things that may bother you and IS posing you to show your strengths! So, when I took a look at Rebecca's blog today and saw my portraits, guess what? I loved my smile, my outfit and I didn't think I looked fat! Thank you Rebecca! I really appreciate you taking the time to share these with me. Click HERE to see the lovely images.
Next time YOU hesitate to get your portraits taken, please remember my confession and feel confident that your photographer will make you look and feel amazing! Call me to schedule your wedding, family or portrait session today! 425-922-2324 Enjoy~ Gretchen

Comments

Jenn Gaudreau said…
Way to show the love! Rebecca did an awesome job and you look so pretty!!! It's so true- I have such a fear of being in front of the camera, but if we don't take that risk, how can we expect others to? Well said, Gretchen!
Amanda said…
O my gosh I thought you looked GREAT!!! : ) I loved those photos of you!
Rebecca Anne said…
Oh I'm glad you like them! Such good advice too! :-)
Great post, I'm in the same boat.. always behind, never in front of the camera. Just bumped it up the to-do list! Thanks for the kick in the ass :)
lin said…
We are at a better position since there're always two of us. We can take each other's. But we love to get our portraits done too. It's a great way to learn from other photographers as well!
I am also one of those photographers that doesn't much like getting my portrait done :) Thank you for sharing this Gretchen!
Jamie Bodo said…
I hate having my picture taken.... your photos look GREAT!
Nikki Closser said…
You. Are. Adorable.
This is so funny because I try so hard to do the chin out and down for myself and it just never looks the same. Great idea to point out that most photographers know this about us and shoot to make us look as good as we can look.
Yasmin Sarai said…
You looked great Gretchen! Loved your outfit too!