Skip to main content

Outdoor Seattle Area Photographer. How we deal with the rain.....

Living near Seattle and being outdoor photographers primarily, has it's challenges. For one, I get jealous of my photographer friends posts in California in April. They are all like, "I had so much fun at our shoot today. It was sunny and 70! Perfect weather!" I groan, out loud...."Come on sunshine!!" Then I start bargaining, "OK, I'll take just misting rather than pouring rain...Please God! Send some wind." In fact, I always let my clients know that we will schedule their sessions, but it's possible rain will cancel. It's OK, in the end, we really end up with a break in the weather most of the time and some really cool clouds and really amazing sunbeams. So, today, I had a family session scheduled. I was literally looking at the weather forecast of rain rain and more rain. I kept hoping it would pass. I called Geni this morning an hour before and consulted with her...."What do you think Geni?" When we talked an hour before the shoot, it was a sun break and looked very hopeful so we decided to meet in downtown Snoqualmie and decide where to go from there. Joe and I drove around and picked some spots with pretty flowers, trees or ivy. Then we went and parked in front of the Bindlestick (organic coffee, love it! Caffe Vita!). The rain clouds decided to take that opportunity to open up and share some of their treasure. Geni and her kind husband Michael showed up and we all kinda looked out the window and groaned together. As we spoke, she shared with me that her parents would only be in town another week. I decided right then to make something happen so we could include three generations in their portraits. We headed up to the old winery, AKA Snoqualmie Point Park that has a big overhang we could shoot under. We did a mini session and promised the family another session next time the weather cooperates. I'm so happy we were able to get sweet little one year old Max with his grandparents before they have to fly out. Here's a sneak peek for you. Enjoy~Gretchen

Comments

Ahh those California people and their kick-ass weather lol Cute shot :)
Jamie Bodo said…
Can't wait to see the rest! Max is absolutely adorable!
What a sweet shot of Grandma and Grandpa with a precious little guy.