Skip to main content

My Friend Teri...

Teri and Cyrus with me on the "Brow" in Chattanooga, Tennessee

Last week was my friend Teri's birthday...I won't tell you her age and I'm sure that she would be OK with that. I came across this photo this morning as I was looking back on a trip we took a few years ago. I met Teri in Snoqualmie where we live. She had 3 daughters and so did I. We are both stay home moms, homeschooling, Christians, into natural health.....we were pretty much instant friends. Our girls would get together and play most days. Sadly, Teri moved away to Tennessee about 4 years ago due to her husbands job switching. I was able to visit her there twice. I was really sad when she moved away and it helped me a lot to be able to see where she lived so I could imagine her daily life in my mind. Since she moved there, she had two boys! I was so excited when she invited me to come be with her for her first home birth. She was willing to allow my whole family to come and visit as well. We were all so happy to reconnect with our friends. I did not make it to her birth because her little guy, Cyrus, decided to come a week or so early, on Easter. I was able to come visit with her and lend a hand and take in some pretty special snuggles with her little guys!
 Some things I like about Teri.... she always thinks of the best and most logical way to do things, she's very giving and loving, she takes my ideas (which I have many!) and helps me put them into action, she loves God and her family, she isn't someone who gets easily discouraged and she has a real servants heart! I'm so thankful for Teri! She moved to Washington, D.C. and our family is hoping to be able to see their new place in the coming year.
 Happy Birthday Teri! You're a special woman and I'm so thankful God brought you to be in my life in such a meaningful way!!

Comments

Amanda said…
There's nothing like finding a like minded friend!
Jamie Bodo said…
How lucky you are to know each other.... Happy Birthday Teri! :)
Hannah Nielsen said…
Awww this is such a sweet post! Happy birthday, Teri!
Rebecca Anne said…
Oh what a sweet post. Really good friends are hard to find so that is so awesome you have someone like her in your life!
I didn't know you Homescjool too. YAY!!! iIt's so nice to have friends that "get" you. Thanks for sharing your friend with us. Great idea for a post.
Anonymous said…
It's crazy how important it is that your friends share the same idea of life you have. I love how your so into natural.
Anna Gordon said…
Love it! So cool that you've stayed in touch all this time!
Jenna Leigh said…
What a beautiful friendship - you are a lucky lady!
Jete Devisser said…
Love this post - it is such a blessing to have a close friend!!