Skip to main content

Milkshakes, hamburgers and friends, Oh My! A milkshake contest!

I had to giggle as it looked like Sarah was going to get all this food!

Katie, the eyes, oh my! Kim, that face, I love it!

Bobbi got initiated into the girls giggle club. I hope she will still like us. LOL!

Michele and Carrie, the chocolate team

Feeling a little crazy at our 4th stop. Kathy, Sarah, Katie and I.

Let the voting begin!


Time to tally!

Katie's the brains behind this operation!


And the winner? Carrie has the news to share with the peeps in the van!
We girls from Calvary Chapel North Bend love to get together and celebrate living our blessed lives. We have a close and dear friend, Katie, whose been going through breast cancer for several years and is fighting for her life. It brings home to us the brevity of life and the realization that everyday is a blessing. We have gone roller skating, made movies fighting the "cancer ninja" and last Wednesday went around the east side looking for the BEST milkshake place. Katie loves strawberry milkshakes, so that was her plan, to try all of them out. The places we went to, in this order were:
1. Ben and Jerry's on the Issaquah Plateau.
2. Fatburger in Issaquah
3. Burgermaster in Bellevue/Redmond
4. Kidd Valley in Bellevue
We did start out sharing our shakes between two people (Well, not Katie, LOL) I am already an avid Ben and Jerry's fan, so I was pretty sure the outcome before we even started. But here are a few interesting tidbits. Ben and Jerry's has an awesome life size VW on the inside of their wall with a cow hanging out the window. They also have flavors not sold in stores. I cannot believe I didn't know this before!! And, they are willing to let you try flavors! Kathy and I split the coffee coffee buzz buzz buzz milkshake and it was amazing! Chunks of chocolate in some rich coffee ice cream. LOVED IT!
Next stop was Fatburger. I had never been to Fatburger, so it was fun to go inside and see all their fun posters and signs. Sadly, Katie's first strawberry shake tasted like banana, the second was strawberry milk and the last one they brought to replace those was just plain yuck! I did get a bite of Kim's protein style burger with bacon and blue cheese and also their thin fries and onion rings and I would recommend them both! Third stop after lots of giggles and trying to take pictures in the Nap Van to no avail, Burgermaster. Again, never been there. It was fun to go to an old fashion drive in style place. They had good shakes. I tasted, coffee, blackberry, strawberry and chocolate. We had an extra fun time being our loud, silly selves and were on the road to the last stop with beyond bloated bellies.
Kidd Valley. Cute place with cool retro decor. I hadn't ordered at the last two places, so I went ahead and got a small mocha shake. It had a nice texture and flavor, but after two or three sips, it was way over sweet. We took a little time to vote and tally and the WINNER IS (as I predicted)......BEN AND JERRY'S! Whoo hoo! Sorry for the image quality, my iphone was all I had with me, but I still wanted to share our fun and filling night. Enjoy~ Gretchen

Comments

Unknown said…
Fun post and fun night. Thanks for bringing me along. I will hang out with the giggle club anytime :)
Rebecca Anne said…
Oh what a fun day! That sounds like a wonderful outing and adventure!
Alison said…
What a fun idea! I totally want to do this!
Fast Food has never looked so FUN!
Julie Cook said…
What a fun night! I LOVE that you all are rallying for your friend. Friends, food, fun, and Faith! THE BEST!
Jenna Leigh said…
My tummy kind of hurts thinking about all that ice cream but what a fun fun night! Love it!
Fun post!! I'm craving a milkshake now!
Jamie Bodo said…
This looks like so much fun! Wonderful photos too!
This sounds like a wonderful idea. Who knew I would get inspired to drink more milkshakes on the reSTARt Blog Love Group. Thanks Gretchen, gonna get my fix tomorrow.
Anna Gordon said…
Hello milkshake craving! Looks like a blast:)