Skip to main content

Our trip to Canada (Natural light photography, Snoqualmie, WA)

Oh Canada, Oh Canada!!! On a recent trip up North, we were able to enter into Canada with our handy new passports! Why does it seem scary to cross the border? We drove up to the little station with passports in the glove box, we were getting nearer I started to have a little panic, "Are they really in there? Do I have fruit that won't be allowed?" Silly, it was totally fine, they asked what we were doing there and how long we'd stay as usual. They did give our three kids a look down and wanted to know why they weren't in school, but other than that, it was no problem.
 After calming down, we careened down the sunny road in our little white prius, past the blueberry bushes with the empty red branches, and into a new place! Vancouver. It was a little farther than I realized from the border, but in about half hour we entered the city. We had to find a place to meet up with Kel and Whitney, friends from reSTARt, so being Seattlites, we agreed to go to Starbucks of course, where there would be free wi-fi. (We wouldn't be able to use our phones because it's considered international usage and no one wants to pay those fees!) Map quest took us through a very interesting and let's say "colorful" route, but on the up side, we got to see all the little districts surrounding Vancouver BC proper.
  The kids were getting hungry so we grabbed them some toasted bagels with cream cheese and had some coffee for ourselves. We connected by fb email with Kel and Whitney and decided to meet them at a Greek Restaurant, but more about that next time.
Joe and I getting a picture. I never know what to do in pictures.

This is my usual goofy face I revert to whenever a camera is pointed at me. And everything makes me laugh.

Joe taking a picture of me taking a picture of me. I win! NAH NAH!

I don't know what this was, but it reminded me of the Space Needle.

This made a whistle and steamed up. Looked really cool in the sunshine!
  Here are a few images from that day. Enjoy! Gretchen
PS I almost forgot the most interesting part. We pulled up to the side of Starbucks and there was this guy there with a orange worker vest and he was ushering us into a spot. I was confused if that's how they do things in Canada. I read the sign and it said "30 minute truck load only". I pointed that out to him and he said, "well how long will you be there?" I said, "an hour." He ran across and said, " Come this way." So we turned and went half a block down to a metered spot. I am still not sure, but we realized in the end he was hoping for a tip by pointing out the spot, which we were happy to give him. Anyone else experienced that?




Comments