Skip to main content

My Grandpa Turns 90! August 2012















My Grandpa Tom got to have two birthday celebrations this year because he was turning 90 after all! No, I'm kidding. We have lots of family both near and far and they were not able to make it all at the same time. So we went ahead and had one party with part of the family the week before his birthday and another one on his birthday. It was mid August, the first party, so I imagined it would be very warm and wore a short dress. I was glad that I had grabbed a sweater, because the wind was blowing just enough to make it pretty cold. We enjoyed some fried chicken, delicious fruit and lots of other goodies with Grandpa and it was a delightful time. The next Saturday, his actual birthday, we had another party for him. This was his real birthday. He has 5 kids all together. 4 of the kids were able to make it from three states and my sister, his granddaughter also made it in from Oregon. We enjoyed a very hot day and even needed to find some shade to stay cool in by the end of the party. We ate BLTs and a delicious gluten free chocolate cake with whipped cream in the center and buttercream frosting. I was really enjoying that as I had been on a diet for a few months, but how often does your Grandpa turn 90?? Anyway, all that to say, it was a much enjoyed time to catch up on relatives near and far and celebrate the life of Thomas Chapman! Enjoy~ Gretchen
PS If you would like family portraits and to capture your special event, give me a call for a free consultation 425-922-2324

Comments