Skip to main content

Fine Art Portraits! Thoughts on 12.


We love to take your portraits! From simple to elegant, portraits are our thing. Our hearts sing when we get to work with someone who is elated to be having their portrait taken. Lots of people start out not thinking this is going to be fun, but I tell you, we and our clients are laughing and smiling most of the time. It takes some time to get comfortable, but we will take care of that.
 We are especially excited to introduce out Fine Art Portrait sessions. The focus will be on capturing the essence of the wonderful you from our unique and artistic perspective. We will take you to an amazingly beautiful place and bring some clothes and props (like the dress in the picture) and make our magic to produce a portrait that's more than you imagined. You will leave and feel beautiful and excited to see what we captured during our time together.
 There are many things about the above picture of my daughter. She just turned 12. I knew that she wanted to feel new and different in this portrait. I knew that she wanted to view her portrait and know how special she is in my eyes. For the record, she delights my heart every single day if I have a fancy portrait or not, but this was more about how she saw herself. You remember 12 don't you? One day you wanted to still be held and snuggled and the next be old enough to walk to the store with your best friend and not have mom worry. You held with delight the dawn of every new day, yet you didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. New things were in store for you in so many ways, high school would not be long off, responsibilities begin growing at home and school, and you got your first "adult bike". You weren't yet thinking about a car, or too much about boys (besides your giggles if they looked at you), you liked sugar and fun of all sorts! Your legs were growing so long and you wanted to dress to look like a young woman now, not a little girl. That's what 12 is like. It can be so delightful and so hard in other ways. I saw this dress and considered that it would be beautiful on her. I almost put it back, but I am glad I got it. You should have seen her eyes light up when I showed it to her!
 Whether 12, or 21, professional portraits give your daughter a glimpse of the beauty that is within her and affirm her worth and the joy you have as you see her grow. I know I look back with great joy and I look at the portraits I have taken every year to commemorate Gabi's birthdays.




Comments