Skip to main content

Puppy Love {Korf family takes the dive!}













I have never had a puppy or a dog my whole life. My kids have been begging me for years to get a puppy. I have been a firm believer in not making my life any more complicated and therefore, not adding a puppy into our family. Beside, I thought we would have more kids. We did not have more kids and therefore the present 3 decided that it was time to mercilessly beg for a puppy. Well, actually, I instigated the idea that we should look into some free dogs someone lost their house and needed to find good homes for. Surprisingly, my husband said, "Go ahead and call." Those dogs were not available, but the spark of wanting a dog had begun. The kids were totally stoked! Well that was more than 3 months ago. We weren't sure if we might go on a missions trip and we were praying about a dog all this time. Anyway, today, the time was right and the breeder I had visited had three males left still and they were ready to come home yesterday! (Thanks to Donna at Mt Si Goldens and Denise at River Dog for all the help and advice. Thank you also to my dear friend Kim for giving us her dog food and crate today) So begins a new journey in our lives, adding another "kid", uh I mean puppy to our family of five! I am sure this puppy, possibly with the name of Sunshine will make a regular appearance on the blog! Enjoy, Gretchen

Comments