Skip to main content

Changing Directions with the Changing Seasons, Snoqualmie, WA {Snoqualmie, WA Photographer}








I love photography! I love learning more and more as I shoot and interact with all sorts of people. I love the joy that comes with seeing the ideas and thoughts flow out in a creative way. I was able and blessed to attend a local workshop two weeks ago that really inspired me. It was on creativity and lighting and the like. I learned a few new things, but the main thing that inspired me was working with the teachers (Stevn and Corinne Alavekios) and also meeting the other students. Hearing other peoples stories, where they are at, and where we all want to be heading. I felt that we were a group that had a wonderful experience together beyond just the basic day. That was a good, grounding, creativity stirring feeling. Sometimes, I have waited for someone to hire me in order to begin a process of creativity in my artwork of photography. I realize that I feel a part of me is dying almost when I get stagnant.  I also knew I wanted to take some new inspirations into my work from the workshop, so I set out to get a hair and makeup artist and maybe a clothing designer and do a shoot somewhere natural and inspiring. Several things did not go how I wanted them to go as far as my plans, but still the creative process was really refreshing and is spurring me on in so many ways! Here are some of the images I was able to create with Joe as my assistant and Tevis as my model. I am looking forward to many more creative times  in the near future. Stay posted and enjoy! Gretchen

Comments