Skip to main content

Weddings+Snoqualmie+Local Vendors+ Coffee

On Wednesdays I have a free hour while my kiddos are at lessons. So I find the nearest coffee shop and plunk down to relax and take in some conversation with a few friends. Yesterday however, my friends abandoned me. Just kidding, but they couldn't be there, so I headed over myself thinking coffee by my self, still a good idea! I love the organic coffee they serve, I love the rustic wooden bench out front, I love the cherry blossoms painted on the front windows, I love the decorated interior that is fresh and airy feeling. I also love getting to know the owners. For several reasons. One it's a mother daughter team and the daughters name is Gretchen! Can you believe that?? I rarely meet another Gretchen, so I was excited. They also have gluten free bakery goods there in the shop. With three of us wheat free, it's nice to have choices. I know by now you are wondering, "What is this coffee place?" It's called Toad's Coffee and Flowers. I had always wondered what the flowers part was about until yesterday. I overheard Gretchen and her mom talking about a delivery and being the curious person I am, I asked, "what's going on with the flowers?" We all got into a conversation about how they are bringing flowers in to the shop and how they are also wedding florists! Wedding florists?!?, I say! Great! Let me give you my card, I am a photographer and we are shooting weddings for the first time this summer! I love making local connections and working with local vendors. So if you need a wonderful cup of coffee (organic!), a dessert or some wedding flowers, head over to Toad's. It's on the same road as Birches Habitat, just around the corner from the North Bend Theater. Here's the actual address for those of you with GPS =)) 202 West North Bend Way, Suite D North Bend, WA 98045 Phone: 425-202-7276
SO I get home and start telling my husband all that I just told you and he says to me, "Chuck and Jamie are selling wedding stuff at Scriptures now too." (I haven't seen it yet, but he tells me there are candles and more) Wonderful! I love Chuck and Jamie and I love Scriptures. It so nice to have their sweet store right in town Snoqualmie. I love the way they have used the space so well. They have a little corner with kid movies to watch, which is great because I never make a fast decision on what to buy and it also gives me at least 15 minutes to talk with Chuck and Jamie who always greet me with big smiles and good advice. In fact I think they need a Charlie Brown sign like Lucy had, that says, Advice 5 Cents. Only they would never take the money for advice, they are doing the Lords work there in the store loving on everyone who comes in. They also have online ordering and will get whatever you want in the store, just let them know. You can order online here: http://www.scriptureschristianstore.com/home.asp
And get them in person here:8150 SE Railroad Ave # D, North Bend, WA 98045
(425) 888-3711

Comments