Skip to main content

New Artistic Portrait {Snoqualmie Photographer}


What a wonderful weekend it has been. Happy Spring! Today is the first official day. Yesterday was even better weather than today. The sun was shining and all the kids in my neighborhood came outside to play. Around here, in the foothills of the mountains, it's almost as if we hibernate for the winter. Once that sunshine graces us again, we can't wait to get out! Bike! Walk! Garden! Play! Truth be told, it was a little cold, but I didn't care. I sat at the park with my friend Heather and her kids and enjoyed the day. I took most of Saturday and had what we girls call pajama day. We were worn out from our busy week so we just relaxed together. It was nice! Slept in and then at night we watched Little Women. I love that movie. Even though it's sad in many parts, the love the girls and their Mom have for each other shines out of the movie. I love seeing that especially because I have a sister myself and I also have three daughters!
Speaking of daughters and relaxing Saturdays, I took some time to get artistic and work on a portrait of my daughter I took last summer. Each year we take a "hat picture" sometime around our daughters birthday. We take them out dressed in a favorite outfit or dressy outfit and take a picture with this adult straw hat. We have been doing it every year since S was one! I have 15 now!! Hard to believe how time flies. Someday I will get them up here in order, but for today I will share this one, from year 14. Grab up your loved one and give them a big hug and a kiss, they grow up too fast for this Mom! Blessings, Gretchen

Comments