Skip to main content

{The Value of Your Daughter}

I just have to rant a little this morning. I get so sad and tired at the way our culture makes girls and women feel sometimes. Don't you notice that when you go to the store and look at those scantily clad, super thin models, you start to look at yourself in a negative light? I can remember feeling that way when I was only 12 years old. That is one reason we love to take pictures of girls. Inside a lot of times they are telling themselves they are ugly and worthless. Every girl goes through this. When they see the images of themselves a lot of times they are truly surprised at the beauty they see. Every girl has beauty about her. It starts with knowing how loved she is. I read a quote this morning from a book I am reading called Bringing Up Girls that I want to share with you all.
"We have all heard it said that a woman is most beautiful when she is in love. It's true. You've seen it yourself. When a woman knows that she is loved and loved deeply, she glows from the inside. This radiance stems from a heart that has had its deepest questions answered. "Am I lovely? Am I worth fighting for? Have I been and will I continue to be romanced?" When these questions are answered, Yes, a restful, quiet spirit settles into a woman's heart.
And every woman can have these questions answered, Yes. You have been and you will continue to be romanced all your life. Yes. Our God finds you lovely. Jesus has moved heaven and earth to win you for himself. He will not rest until you are completely His. The King is enthralled by your beauty. He finds you captivating."
Isn't that beautiful. It's from Johna and Staci Eldredge. I think it applies to our girls too. (and our boys). Our children and people around us are often empty and dying on the inside, needing so badly to know how special and important they are to someone. Looking outward to find something to fulfill them. Parents, let it be us who tells our children of their worth, their beauty, their amazingness in our eyes. How special they are just because we were blessed with them as a gift!
Photography can be a small part of this. We hope that every person we photograph feels that beauty and love that we have for each of them through God. Many Blessings to you today, Gretchen

Comments