Skip to main content

Just Baby at the Table //Snoqualmie Photographer Gretchen Fawn Photo

             Ten months old and this guy cannot eat enough. He loves tomatoes and beans for now.




  I stumbled across the idea of freelensing recently when looking at another photographers images and noticed something different about them. Freelensing allows for some unusual focus points and light leaks. It also gives an extra dreamy feel to the images which become something of a game to see what you can get. The downside is it opens your camera to danger and you could drop your lens. Yikes! I will have to get some gear I don't care about too much to try this more, but these I took with my new camera and lens.
 I do love them. Baby sits here each meal, to my left side at the table in his little booster seat on his ancient  step up chair. It happens to be pink but we don't care about that. It works and it's a short season till he climbs up to the table in a chair with his brother. We are by far function over fashion here at our house. We don't get stressed about things getting ruined and we live more relaxed and with more money in our pockets. (Who am I kidding? With 5 kids, there's no extra money in our pockets. haha!)
 We sing a prayer to the Lord for most meals and we hold hands around the table. The three year old is sure to interrupt and start eating before we sing the 25 seconds, but soon he will be able to focus and sing the whole way through. The baby waits till the AMENNNNNN and smiles and giggles every time. It's the sweetest thing ever and it makes us all smile before we eat. The time goes fast friends, so grab your own camera and capture these everyday moments. How quickly we forget.
 Until next time,
Your Snoqualmie Photographer,
Gretchen Fawn


When I met his Daddy, He would curl his toes when he played the bass and I think it's the sweetest thing when this guy crosses his little chubby baby toes when he sits in his highchair.

Comments