Skip to main content

Escape to the Beach Snoqualmie Photographer- Gretchen Fawn Photography

  Some days I wake up and I just know my soul needs to leave the four walls of my house and go to the Ocean. This was one of those days. My husband was out of town for the weekend and I had had a really hard night with the baby. My 3 year old knows no bounds to his energy! So to the beach, I shouted, to the beach!!
  We have a favorite little park near the beach at Alki that we were able to park at and my Dad was able to come over from Burien and meet us too. We strolled down the pathway along the water my tiredness took a back burner. I felt mostly relaxed and I was so happy to breathe in the fresh, not smokey air that we had had a week previous in our area due to wildfires and also relieved to be cooler. I had a jacket on and after this hot, dry summer, it felt great!
 I already shared my baby son's sad face on Facebook when my Dad put some rocks on his feet. He fell apart and couldn't recover. (see that here: https://www.facebook.com/Gretchenfawnphoto/posts/510091602675730 ) So take a peek, because he has one super cutie pie sad lower lip.
 Anyway, my 3 year old found an older boy who was getting water from the Sound and making sand mud- Smud?- saud?- and he joined in with his usual gusto to play with him. He was very gracious allowing my sweet tagalong even though he was at least 3 years older. His Dad remarked to me, "isn't it the perfect day?" and I knew just what he meant with my whole Pacific Northwest heart when I replied, "Yes, it's perfect! Cooler and no smoke! I love it."
 Until Next time,
  Your Snoqualmie Photographer,
  Gretchen Fawn
Arriving at the shore, he starts to make his plans immediately!

Rocks are simply THE BEST fun!

He asks me all the time if we can see Grandpa. Grandpa loves to show Micah how to throw rocks and skip them. 


Comments