Skip to main content

Senior Portraits- Adventures in Snoqualmie and North Bend- {Meet Katy}

I was so excited when I got the call asking if I had time to take Katy's senior portraits. I had been scouting some new locations and couldn't wait to go on an adventure with her trying them out! This one is at the bottom of a big hill near my house. The light was shining through in a sweet way and I was able to get Katy laughing. (it wasn't hard. she's a smiler. I love that!)

Second stop on our sunset adventure is off of Mill Pond road. We are all laughing because there is a man in a small boat going through our little "scene" and we think it's funny! I love the tones and the light here. I have reflections of the mountain and the mountain itself in other images. But this is just a sneak peek, so you will have to wait until I show them the Katy and her family!

Katy lives on the river and really wanted some images with the river in them, happy for her and me, this little spot had the most beautiful girl in it and the most beautiful light. This dress is the perfect color and she literally looks like she's glowing in these. More I can't wait to share coming to the blog later!

I have driven by this place for years and always wanted to take portraits here, but it's on a corner with little visibility, so I hesitated. We had her sister Kelsey and Joe there to keep watch for cars. We stayed near the edge and literally shot about 5 frames. 4 cars came zipping through during this time, but as we were on our adventure together, we were all pretty willing to try this out! I think it was very worthwhile.

I had also seen this place several times, and saw an amazing night scene here recently, so I decided to try it out. We had a little battle with blackberry bushes on  the way (So sorry to Katy's ankles, she's a great sport!) We spotted some friendly (we hoped) elk there. They ran away, so all was well.

Buttercups and the last whispers of evening light filtered through clouds made this spot per-fect!

I had to switch for my widest angle lens and capture this beauty and majesty, X2! WOW is all I can say!

We may or may not have squished ourselves through a fence that did not belong to us. I told the girls I would fully own the trespassing charges should they occur. (LOL, I hope...) We spend another 5 minutes here all called it a night. I think Katy enjoyed the session as much as I did and I can't wait to share the rest with you later on! Enjoy~ Gretchen

Comments

Ashley Rogers said…
Lovely photos! And the landscape was perfect!
Jamie Bodo said…
Love these! I especially love the wide angle shot!
She's beautiful and what great locations. Oh, I love the northwest! Dreamy shots!